Marketing Manager; Insights & Analytics
I served as the primary research expert for a large integrated media company with over 17 national titles, that delivered premium content across print, digital, and broadcast channels, with over 3 Million web visitors and over 7 Million magazine readers each month. I provided detailed insights and analysis to support all departments and operations. Employing a data-driven philosophy proved to be a critical aspect to sustaining growth despite the volatility of the modern media landscape.
Supported Editorial and Digital Development teams by verifying implementations of tracking and ad-serving code, monitoring digital activity / user behavior, identifying and analyzing trends / anomalies, and delivering high-level reports on regular and ad-hoc basis.
- Market / Audience Research
- Ad Sales / Partnership Programs
- Content Development & Monetization
- Social Media & Email Marketing
- Operational & Logistical Modernization
- Google Analytics / DART (DfP)
- MRI / comScore / Nielsen
- Informz / ExactTarget
- Advanced Excel / MS Office
- Photoshop / Adobe CS
- WordPress / Google API
Assisted Ad Sales with advertiser prospecting, completing RFP's, creating presentations/pitches by performing detailed analysis via primary market research tools and internal databases.
Another major undertaking of this role was overseeing a comprehensive overhaul of the email marketing and digital newsletter programs.
Primary Goals / Objectives
- Improve Content Appeal / Reader Experience
- Rectify List Stagnation / Engagement
- Enhance Corporate Analytic Capabilities
- Centralize Critical Inter-Departmental Resources
- Facilitate Universal Access to Central Resources
- Automate Redundant Operations
- Streamline Communications & Logistics
- Increase Efficiency & Reduce Cost
- Create New Ad Sales / Partnership Opportunities
Major Results / Achievements
- increase advertising opportunities
- decrease operational costs
- improve engagement capabilities
- increase the utilization of the current subscriber database
- contribute to the growth of the web/social audience, ad revenues
- provided greater insight to cross-over between the various audiences